The Infection and Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance module of HMS enables the setup and configuration of superbug to be monitored throughout the health institution. Automation of care is carried out through the processing of HL7 laboratory streams, with real-time alerts and triggers for patients with the superbug infections. with the concurrent mining of clinical sources for specific alert organisms of resistance and susceptible drugs. Infected and colonized patients from emergency department, EDM, and the Wards are flagged for special care handling, cohort isolation, monitoring and follow-up by the Infection Control Nurses and Doctors, while aiding in the reporting process.
This module also handles the arduous tasks of Surgical Site Infection of patients monitoring, as well as Sharps and Mucous Membrane exposure of clinical staff.
- Real-time alerts to the respective stakeholders, including CDC/MOH
- Multi-drug resistance organisms surveillance
- Some examples are classes of MRSA, VRE, CDiff, CR-KPEC, AFB Smear, Streptococcus Groups, etc. for patient pre-admission candidates watch, post-admission infection & condition transitions monitoring
- Provides prompt information for isolation/co-horting of identified patients
- Surgical Site Infection monitoring
- Sharps and Mucous Membrane exposure for clinical staff
- Multi-class surveillance mode, such as Ward Surveillance, EMD Surveillance and Patient Surveillance
- Automated reporting
- Post-surgery infection follow-up watch